[Dxspider-support] Cluster Abuse and IP Addresses

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Nov 26 13:24:19 GMT 2009

Lee Sawkins wrote:
> I have a link for the raw information I have collected in the last few
> days.  Lines ending with *** have duplicate IP addresses to a line
> immediately before or after this line.  You can see users with changing
> IP addresses.  Probably they are using dial up.  Radio users are at the
> end as AGW/BPQ.  AOL users have duplicate addresses due to AOL using
> proxies.  (205.188...  and 207.200...)
> Format = IP^Date last spot^Time last spot^Nr of Spots^User^Node last
> spot^Dupe(***)
> http://www.bcdxc.org/ve7cc/ccc/IP.log

I am curious as to how you are getting the IP address of the spotter
from OH8X-11. Apart from the fact that most of these spots are filtered
out as unreliable (by many sysops), surely it isn't possible to
determine the IP address of the spotter that is connected to the OH8X-11
website? And it's sending out PC11, isn't it?