[Dxspider-support] Discussion set/register set/password

Wolfram Zwaka (dl3ami) dl3ami at darc.de
Sun Oct 25 12:58:28 GMT 2009

Hello

at the last time are more and more "black-user" (improper use) in the
cluster-net with any spam and false spots...
Badspotter, badwords or badnodes are a posssibility. But the calls are
imaginative or they use simple a existing call....

The problem is that the clusternet via internet is open for everybody and
nobody    have control for the calls. I dont want to deny the access for the
user to read the spots - but there has to be a simple control for the spotter.

set/password is no the solution. You get a question for the password and if
you have not set a password you can log in with "ENTER" and have all
functions. If you set a password it is local to this cluster and there are
still about 400 cluster without password for you (better - or worse - for the
blacks..)
(a possibility can be - forwarding for the passwords - the most clusters are
dxspider - is it possible to do it  Dirk?)

With "register on" it is possible to read all clusterinformation. No spots and
no ann are possible to send. Only send a mail to sysop....

I have now set at db0erf-5:

set/var $main::regreq = 1
set/var $main::passwdreq = 1

I think if more (best all) sysop take these regulations we have less trouble....

73 from Erfurt de Wolfram DL3AMi