[Dxspider-support] new info search engine, like qrz.pl

Ricardo Suarez lu9da at qsl.net
Sat Sep 5 17:33:09 BST 2009

Hi all

After I stop of my work on qrz.pl, I start to write  a new system for qsl
info, this new system its working under test in LU9DA-6 and a couple of
beta-tester clusters (thanks to Roland ON6HH and Enzo IK6IHL )

This system is called hamDB, the command is

sh/hamdb callsign

The system searchs in a database (mounted on my box, thanks to the info
shared for many dx'ers friends) and if the callsign isn't in the db or seems
too old, more than one month, it performs a web search (google) for
information and self-actualize.

Try it on my cluster or the beta-tester clusters, if you think it works ok
or you find a bug, please send me a private mail to lu9da at qsl.net , after a
test period of a couple of weeks, I release the code to all users.

At the same time of code release, I consider to mount a page for web access
to database on my webpage

Regards

Rick LU9DA

telnet://lu9da.dyndns.org:9000