[Dxspider-support] user_asc creation issue

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 13:17:10 BST 2009

hello

i am helping to mind a dxspider cluster and i have an issue where
user_asc grows to the point where it fills the entire hard disk
(normally it's got around 6.5G free space available)

The cluster is running on centos 5.3 64bit and the host machine is an
XEN virtual machine

Dxspider is running the latest build

this cluster was moved from another machine, whihc was running an old
version of slackware (32 bit)

the move was done by git-pulling a new version, copying across the data
and then running update_sysop.pl

I have tried removing users.v3 and recreating the user database from an
old (pre-migration ) copy of user_asc but the problem reoccurs.

the problem persists, how do I resolve &/or debug this issue, preferably
whilst preserving the user database largely intact ?

the perl (&perl modules) and virtual machine configuration is identical
to my own cluster (EI7MRE) which does not exhibit this issue

--
73
Brendan EI6IZ