[Dxspider-support] ppm install failed: Can't find any package that provides db_file

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Thu Apr 8 13:36:18 BST 2010

VK3AMA wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Thanks for that. Worked fine. I now have DXSpider running locally using
> activeperl 5.8.9
> Now I'm off to find a suitable curses package to get console.pl running.
>
> The only reason I went with 5.6.1 was out of desperation so I could get
> the cluster running locally for some testing.

Oooo...

I am mistaken. It appears there *is* indeed a working version of Curses
on Windows. You can get it here:

http://cpan.uwinnipeg.ca/dist/Curses

You will need to update from CVS/git as I needed to alter console.pl
slightly to make it work. I have only seen it work in a Windows XP cmd
window. Dunno whether it is going to work on any other Windows product
so YMMV.

My cmd window does not have many lines and also does not allow me to
stretch the window to get more. This may simply be my (complete) lack of
understanding of things Windows.