[Dxspider-support] IMPORTANT: WPXLOC.RAW dated 23 December 2010

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Dec 23 21:13:43 GMT 2010

I just released a new version of WPXLOC.RAW for DX Spider nodes.  You
can find out more here:

    http://www.country-files.com/wpxloc/release.htm

See the installation instructions here:

    http://www.country-files.com/cty/index.htm#Spider

but instead of saving CTY.DAT, download the WPXLOC .ZIP file and
extract "wpxloc.raw" to your spider/data directory.

It is important that all nodes update to this version.  The country
prefixes did not match the ones used in CTY.DAT, which can cause
problems when spots are sent from a DX Spider node to another node in
the DX Cluster network.  Also take the opportunity to update CTY.DAT
at the same time if you have not done so (see the #Spider link above).
 I do not know when Dirk will check the updated files into CVS; I see
that he hasn't updated the CVS repository to the latest CTY.DAT yet.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us