[Dxspider-support] PC41 loop?

Rene Olsen rene.chr.olsen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 14:20:17 BST 2010

Hi Dirk.

I thought that some historical background might be a good idea :-)

You might be correct that in current age we no longer need the hop table. I see quite a few
spots arriving here with very low hop counts though (1-3).

Of the options you mention for PC41 handling I would vote for 2 or 3.

As you say there is a big time gap between them, and I must say that I was amazed to see
how big a percentage of the total trafic was PC41.

Would it not be possible to "reset" the dupe timer each time a dupe is received?

That means setting the dupe time to 12 hours or whatever, and each time a dupe is received,
reset the counter to 12 hours again. I am not a programmer, so there might be some very
bad side effect to this. And maybe making a new PC9x frame would be just as easy to code
:-)

After 12 hours without any dupe, that PC41 would be cleared again.

But, even setting it to 24 hours as it is now, I believe would lower the trafic substantially.

Vy 73 de Rene / OZ1LQH