[Dxspider-support] Fw: CVS Update

Fulvio Galli hb9dhg at ticino.com
Thu Mar 4 07:01:50 GMT 2010

Hi All,

on the other side, I try to run the cvsupdate on my Dxspider Node (1.55 build 0.52)
under Fedora 10.

Here is the output:

$ ./cvsupdate
cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `fatal: cannot handle hash-object internally' from cvs server
[...]
cvs [update aborted]: Server sent invalid file size `Can't exec "git-cat-file": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 2082, <STDIN> line 1413.'

Anything I need to be aware .. or what I'm doing wrong ;-) ?
Thanks,

73
Fulvio HB9DHG

On Mar 3, 2010, at 11:22 PM, Kjell Jarl wrote:

> Hi,
> I get a few errors on cvsupdate, Linux, and the version still shows 1.55 bild 0.52.
>
> cvs update: move away cmd/create/user.pl; it is in the way
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1056.' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 1144.' from cvs server
> cvs update: warning: unrecognized response `Need filehash at /usr/bin/git-cvsserver line 2067.' from cvs server
> cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)
>
> It seems the cluster does not send the ip address in pc92 when I log in.
>
> 73
> Kjell
>

> Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:
>> Dirk Koopman G1TLH wrote:

>>> I don't think you need to login as such. But you do have to be in the correct place, which with gitbash is /c/spider (if you are standard).
>>>
>>> I use gitbash (but then I would :-). I have just upgraded my CVS based version on my windows test virtual machine, using the instructions as listed on http://www.dxcluster.org/download with the following differences:
>>>
>>> 1. Start gitbash
>>> 2. cd /c
>>> 3. git clone git://scm.dxcluster.org/scm/spider spider.new
>>> 4. cp -a spider.new/.git spider
>>> 5. rm -rf spider.new
>>> 6. cd spider
>>> 7. git reset --hard