[Dxspider-support] ROS spots and EA4RCH-5 cluster

SM6U, Rickard sm6u at sk6aw.net
Sun Oct 3 15:21:26 BST 2010

> Hi all.
> Yes we know that the ROS Software use now our node to send spots.
> What is the problem?
>
> What is the difference between RTTY, PSK31 or ROS?? all are digital modes...

The problem is not the mode, it's the developer and his attitude. Say, have you
seen any surviving RTTY/PSK31 program that abuses other networks for chatting?
That abuses it's USERS by sending unsolicited messages onto other networks?

Instead of abusing cluster spots for "chatting" he could have used the TALK mode
of the DX-Clusters. Noone would have cared if it wouldn't have generated tons of
bandwidth, wich I guess it wouldn't. But no, MR. ROS wants to force everyone to
see his great inventions.

He put US hams in trouble when introducing auto-spotting without the users
knowledge, making spots look as if they had a QSO when they were just in
RX-Mode, since ROS TX is prohibited in the US on HF-Bands.

I also see that he encourages contacts on 30m, I do believe most bandplans (like
IARU-R1) disallow modes wider than 1 kHz on 30m.

New digtal modes - YES please!
Developers that doesn't care - NO thanks!

> The ROS software creator inform us that the auto spots was disable in the
> latest updates.

Great! Why didn't he understand our concerns earlier? Did people actually have
to stop using his software before he understood that it wasn't a good practice.

/Rick
  SM6U
  Also a programmer
  And dead tired of trying to stop the cluster pollution MR. ROS creates.