[Dxspider-support] ROS spots and EA4RCH-5 cluster

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 16:15:21 BST 2010

On 03/10/2010 13:40, Javi - EC4DX wrote:
> Hi all.
> Yes we know that the ROS Software use now our node to send spots.
> What is the problem?

The problem is that they are automated, at times account for getting on
for 10% of all spots on the network and the ROS software also uses spots
for user to user chat which is utterly inappropriate.

> What is the difference between RTTY, PSK31 or ROS?? all are digital
> modes...

It's not the mode, it's the fact that the software automatically spots
based on some algorithm and the developer does not seem to understand or
care how the Cluster system should be used.

I think No sysop wants to block nodes or modes but right from the
beginning the ROS software has been abusing the cluster system, in many
cases without even the user's Knowledge or the cluster sysop's permission.
The primary purpose of this would appear to be to promote use of the
mode rather than actually offer a useful facility to the users

> The ROS software creator inform us that the auto spots was disable in
> the latest updates.

However I am still seeing automated spots on EA4RCH-5