[Dxspider-support] From the Latest ROS Beta & Auto-spotting.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 11:14:05 BST 2010

On 06/10/10 02:09, VK3AMA wrote:
> FYI,
>
>  From the latest ROS Beta..
>> v5.7.5 Beta
>>
>> New Internal Spot System. You can send Private Messages to others ROS
>> users or Public Messages to all ROS users.
>>
>> AutoSpots in this version have been disabled due to pressure of ARRL
>> to remove ROS from the Cluster and, especially, from the waves.
>> More info on "http://www.dxcluster.org/"
>>

> Not sure, about the ARRL statement or the dxcluster.org link.

Neither am I, but his stuff is now using the chat system. In a spirit of
cooperation, I have removed all my ROS* bad words and cleared my 'info
ros' spot filter.

For your amusement, you can always do something like 'sh/chat ros 100'
to see what's going on. As it happens I don't think he quite understands
how to use it completely, as he appears to be duplicating some info. But
I am not going to stress about that at this stage.

Or you could always have a realtime feed and 'join ros' :-)

Dirk G1TLH

PS Don't forget the opposite of 'join ros' is 'leave ros'!