[Dxspider-support] Repeating Announcements - Can anything be done?

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Oct 25 20:01:43 BST 2010

On 25/10/10 09:46, Lee Sawkins wrote:
> Hi Dirk
>
> How about this:
>
> a) Ignore incoming PC12 messages where the originating node is PC9x.
> There are about 270 of these nodes.

I have implemented this. It happens that quite a lot of the PC12s hit
GB7DJK before the relevant PC93s, which does not help.

I have also prevented PC93 being downgraded to PC12 in group mode
because it appears that quite a lot of node software out there does not
understand PC12 and groups.

WHICH MAKES THIS AN IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!

> b) Ignore incoming PC12 with a hops count of less than say H85

I can't do this as I know that several of the nodes that connect to me
have hop overrides active. Actually GB7DJK has a hop override.

What I have done is increase the default dup age from 5 hours to 18 hours.

Oh and I have also included the CTY-2009 prefix update.

And there is a small bug fix on PC92 A records for outgoing node connects.

PLEASE upgrade via git pull/cvs update A S A P

Ta