[Dxspider-support] console.pl

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Mon Apr 4 21:12:54 BST 2011

On 04/04/11 18:13, Brendan Minish wrote:
> I ran into a similar problem a while back on a centos install
>
> these days localhost (in /etc/hosts ) also has an ipv6 loopback address
> but console.pl does not support ipv6 yet

Which is interesting, seeing as console.pl and cluster.pl use the same
routine for socket access whether for IPV4 or IPV6 sockets. I wonder
whether you could narrow the problem down a bit for me?

The original problem used to be that Redhat decided to have localhost
default to '::1' - something I have just noticed that Ubuntu Maverick is
also trying on now.