[Dxspider-support] console.pl

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 18:13:51 BST 2011

I ran into a similar problem a while back on a centos install

these days localhost (in /etc/hosts ) also has an ipv6 loopback address
but console.pl does not support ipv6 yet
you will run into this if you have ipv6 support for perl included (on
centos this is perl-IO-Socket-INET6 )

the fix is to edit your local/DXVars.pm
go to the lines listed below (line 53 ) and replace localhost with
127.0.0.1

# the tcp address of the cluster this can be an address of an ethernet port
# but this is more secure. For normal use this will be fine.
$clusteraddr = "127.0.0.1";

this should fix your problem

Dxspider it's self fully supports user connections via IPv6, it's just
the console app that has an issue

ei7mre is available via IPv6 at
2a01:7b8:2000:a6:216:3eff:fe45:16c5 port 7300

I would be most interested in testing  peering with another node via
IPv6 if anyone else is running IPv6

I even have 1 regular IPv6 cluster user ( besides myself ) so we know
user connects via IPv6 work fine

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 17:58 +0200, Klaus Heintzenberg wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>

> just upgraded the OS from SuSE 11.1 to 11.4. The home partition
> remained untouched.
>
> DXspider is starting Ok and can be connected via telnet localhost 8000
> or other means.
>

> However ./console.pl is not doing anything anymore. It just takes
> maybe 400ms or so
>
> until the prompt returns, no error message or anything.
>

> Where shall I start searching for the cause?
>

> 73, Klaus

73
Brendan EI6IZ