[Dxspider-support] fraud detection

EA7UU Jesus ea7uu at yahoo.es
Mon Dec 12 00:01:44 GMT 2011

Hello all

     I agree with Béla and Roland; Jim I'm not an expert in networking
but it's very strange that same public IP address would coexist in two
or more ISP, but more curious is that different worldwide callsign share
the same IP address and connect at same DXCluster, magic or IP miracle?.

    During this weekend W6MSW was connected in my dxcluster, this
callsign not exist in FCC database and their IP address was from
Dominican Republic. Also, have a look for EA7ST (EA7JTF is his wife).

     Sorry for my english.

El 11/12/2011 17:23, Jim Bayer escribió:
> I'm wondering if there is ISP address munging here.  Perhaps many public
> addresses are aggregated at the border of an ISP (not country) and it makes
> it look like all the requests are coming from the same address.  Like a PAT
> address (Public Address Translation) on a grander scale.
>
> Just a thought...
>

> '73
> Jim  - KC9AOP

        EA7UU Jesús Ortiz Fernández