[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu 11.x

Michael Serowik maserowik at verizon.net
Thu Dec 22 20:03:03 GMT 2011

I have went back to an old issue I have never figures out.

I currently am running Ubuntu 11.x

I am still unable to get the mrtg to load.

root at DX-Crawler:/home/n3bsq# su - sysop
sysop at DX-Crawler:~$ pwd
/spider
sysop at DX-Crawler:~$ cd perl
sysop at DX-Crawler:~/perl$ mrtg all
ERROR: Mrtg will most likely not work properly when the environment
       variable LANG is set to UTF-8. Please run mrtg in an environment
       where this is not the case. Try the following command to start:

       env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg all
sysop at DX-Crawler:~/perl$ exit
logout
root at DX-Crawler:/home/n3bsq# chmod 01777 /var/lock/mrtg /var/lib/mrtg
root at DX-Crawler:/home/n3bsq# su - sysop
sysop at DX-Crawler:~$ mrtg all
ERROR: Mrtg will most likely not work properly when the environment
       variable LANG is set to UTF-8. Please run mrtg in an environment
       where this is not the case. Try the following command to start:

       env LANG=C /usr/bin/mrtg all

root at DX-Crawler:/spider# su - sysop
sysop at DX-Crawler:~$ pwd
/spider
sysop at DX-Crawler:~$ cd html
sysop at DX-Crawler:~/html$ cd mrtg
sysop at DX-Crawler:~/html/mrtg$ ls
sysop at DX-Crawler:~/html/mrtg$ indexmaker --output stats.html --columns=1
--title "MRTG Statistics for N3BSQ-1" ../../mrtg/mrtg.cfg
ERROR: unable to open config file: ../../mrtg/mrtg.cfg

Thanks
Mike