[Dxspider-support] GB7DJK

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 16:56:14 GMT 2011

Some of the observant sysops amongst you will have noticed that GB7DJK
has had a version bump to 1.56.

This is the start of a fairly extensive rearrange (rather than rewrite)
to try to make the whole thing more efficient and considerably quicker.

However, it will mean some more perl dependencies (AnyEvent and EV).
Some of the advantages so far accrued is that my load average on GB7DJK
has gone down to 0.10 from 0.30+. Also the apparent speed has improved
quite noticeably.

AnyEvent supports asynchronous connects and is IPV6/IPV4 agnostic.

sh/qrz) asynchronous as well.

Currently this has been tested on linux only, but I will test under
Windows when I have got a bit further down the line.

Moving forward I will be thinking about utilising multicore chips and
some other related things with distributed computing.

Dirk G1TLH