[Dxspider-support] R: Re: Self Spotting

EA7UU Jesus ea7uu at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 16 23:41:42 GMT 2011

     Hello to all. Sorry for my english.

     Rarely, I'm self spotting on 10m band, when I think that band is
"open", why I am doing wrong?, what happen with those VHF or EME
operators?. I think that self spotting is not bad if you don't abuse.

IMHO, I think would be better to create a command like i.e.
unset/selfspotting   to disable their reception instead of vetoing to
self spotters.

Byeee

El 16/01/2011 19:29, Danny Pease escribió:
> I find it much more irritating those that abuse the system by sending messages to the entire network instead of to the party they are addressing. The incidents happen far more frequently than the occasional self spotting. I agree self spotting should be frowned upon, but I can also see instances where it is for the good of all concerned. The only real reason to frown on self spotting has little to do with DX, it is a contest related ethics issue.
>
> Banning self spotters starts to put us in a position that I am not sure I want to be in, that is judging what spots are allowed. There are those that think only DX should be spotted. I personally believe DX is in the eye of the beholder. DX is different for those just starting to count countries and those at the top of the Honor Roll. DX on VHF and UHF is different from HF. Some can't understand spotting a beacon. It is all a matter of perspective.
>
> NG9R

        EA7UU Jesús Ortiz Fernández

        http://www.ea7uu.es