[Dxspider-support] MOTD Observation

Steve - AA4U aa4u at mchsi.com
Sun Jul 3 17:25:51 BST 2011

Is it just me, or have other SysOps noticed that the majority of user's
don't even see the login splash screen (MOTD) anymore? With the new user
telnet programs that automatically login, that information goes
unnoticed for the most part. Unfortunately, there are times this is the
ONLY way to make general announcements about upcoming node changes or
scheduled outages to the node users, etc. I guess there's not much we
can do about it, just making an observation.

73, Steve - AA4U