[Dxspider-support] ubuntu 11.04 server installation assistance

Bob Nielsen n7xy at clearwire.net
Thu Jul 14 11:54:05 BST 2011

The normal installation method is to create the sysop user with its standard home directory of /home/sysop and running the git installation from that directory, creating a spider subdirectory and symbolically linking that to /sysop.  This avoids the issue of trying to install in a non-empty directory.

Unfortunately, I don't think the git instructions are in the restored version of the wiki (which is running again), but it does cover installation from a tarball.

Bob, N7XY