[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu 11.04 and java applet

Michael A. Serowik maserowik at verizon.net
Tue Jul 19 22:04:45 BST 2011

I have read the doc for install the java web applet

Installation instructions (Performed as root):

Put all the files in the spider-web directory into a newly created directory
under the DocumentRoot of your websever for instance 'client'. In my case
this is: /home/httpd/html/client/ although ymmv. For Suse the correct path
should be /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/client/ for example.

Move spider.cgi to the cgi-bin directory of your webserver, in my case that
is /home/httpd/cgi-bin/ although ymmv. For Suse the correct path should be
/usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/ for example.

Change the permissions of the files to ensure they are correct, obviously
you will need to use the correct path the the files according to your
system:

chmod 755 /home/httpd/html/cgi-bin/spider.cgi

chmod -R 755 /home/httpd/html/client/

I am unable to find these on ubuntu 11.04 server with apache2