[Dxspider-support] Ubuntu 11.04 and java applet

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Tue Jul 19 22:44:35 BST 2011

On 19/07/11 22:04, Michael A. Serowik wrote:
> I have read the doc for install the java web applet
>
> Installation instructions (Performed as root):
>
> Put all the files in the spider-web directory into a newly created
> directory under the DocumentRoot of your websever for instance 'client'.
> In my case this is: /home/httpd/html/client/ although ymmv. For Suse the
> correct path should be /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/client/ for example.
>
> Move spider.cgi to the cgi-bin directory of your webserver, in my case
> that is /home/httpd/cgi-bin/ although ymmv. For Suse the correct path
> should be /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/ for example.
>
> Change the permissions of the files to ensure they are correct,
> obviously you will need to use the correct path the the files according
> to your system:
>
> chmod 755 /home/httpd/html/cgi-bin/spider.cgi
>
> chmod -R 755 /home/httpd/html/client/
>
> I am unable to find these on ubuntu 11.04 server with apache2

What URL are you using?

Have you changed the standard document root? Because unless you have
these are not the standard places.

The document root: /var/www
The cgi-bin directory: /usr/lib/cgi-bin

But you should really go and look at your apache config, because I have
also seen cgi-bin in /var/lib/cgi-bin.