[Dxspider-support] reinstall DXSPIDER

Dirk Koopman G1TLH gb7tlh at dxcluster.org
Sat Sep 17 11:38:59 BST 2011

Could I suggest that the best way to reinstall is to:-

* cd /spider
* tar cvzf /tmp/spider.tar.gz
* save the tar file somewhere else (on a usb stick or other machine)
* install the operating system on the machine
* follow the instructions for creating the sysop user and linking
   /spider.
* copy the tar file that you saved into /tmp on the new machine.
* cd /spider
* tar xvfzp /tmp/spider.tar.gz

Now upgrade by:

* cd /tmp
* wget http://www.dxcluster.org/download/CVSlatest.tgz
* cd /spider
* tar cvfz /tmp/CVSlatest.tgz

try: ./cluster.pl

to see what happens. You may need to install some extra packages (eg:
libnet-telnet-perl libtimedate-perl libcurses-perl). You may also need
to rebuild your userfile.

But try that lot out and come back for more help when you have done all
that.