[Dxspider-support] Port forwarding issue on a Netgear router

Radioman nn1d at comcast.net
Wed Sep 21 13:39:31 BST 2011

Bob,

I have some net-gear routers and you'll need to make the 7300 service before
you can forward it,

I believe your router has the same params, also I tried to ping your host
name and it don't resolve, well at least not from here anyway..

Couple of things to look for

1: did my address change?
2: can I ping my own address?
3: can I make a service in the router call 7300 on a TCP port
4: are all the outbound ports unrestricted besides port 80 and 110

I have a couple of net-gear routers and both need a port 7300 service
created before it can be forwarded.

Tony
NN1D