[Dxspider-support] cluster.pl requires root

Joey STANFORD joey at stan4d.net
Wed Apr 25 03:02:05 BST 2012

Howdy,

I'm a new dxspider tinkerer.  I've setup the latest git pull on an
Ubuntu system following the wiki instructions.

When I run cluster.pl as sysop I can't connect to it getting the
normal "Error on connect to 127.0.0.1 port 27754 (111)" error.  I
reswizzled my /etc/hosts file as per a post from last year but that
didn't work.  I then switched to my ID (which is in sudoers) and ran
cluster.pl and had the same thing happen.  I then issued sudo
./cluster.pl and I was able to login via the client app.

So it seems for some reason sysop (and regular users) doesn't have the
correct privs. I gave that ID everything but admin privs making it
nearly identical to my ID.  I double checked the ownership perms on
everything.  So I'm a bit stuck and hope someone here can point me in
the right direction. I'm ok with running it with root privs but
thought I should ask first. :-)

Thanks,

Joey, NV0N