[Dxspider-support] Migrating from Windows to Diaben Linux

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Feb 2 14:15:58 GMT 2012

On 02/02/12 13:45, Stephen Robert Conrad wrote:
> I am Migrating from Windows to Diaben Ver 6 Linux I have the file
> installed per the install instructions, but I would like to keep all my
> files/dir for the windows box to the linux box. Or am I just looking for
> problems?

I am assuming that you have created the linux tree from CVSlatest.tgz
(or done a git clone).

The best way of doing this is to:

* sudo apt-get install git-core
* stop the windows node
* zip up your complete \spider directory
* copy the zipfile to the linux box (into /tmp)
* unzip the copy so that it overwrites your spider directory on the
linux box.
* then cd /spider
* git reset --hard; git pull

Then

* cd /spider/data
* rm users.v3
* perl user_asc

then

* cd /spider/perl
* ./cluster.pl

and it will spring into life (assuming you have all the recommended
packages installed).