[Dxspider-support] Problem create_sysop.pl

Anthony (N2KI) n2ki.ham at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:13:09 GMT 2012

Frank,

The setup of DXSpider is much easier using Strawbery Perl.  Here is a step
by step instruction on how to do it.

Download Strawberry Perl from
http://strawberry-perl.googlecode.com/files/strawberry-perl-5.12.3.0.msi
or for 64 bit
http://strawberry-perl.googlecode.com/files/strawberry-perl-5.12.3.0-64bit.msi
Run the installer.
Choose Next
Mark the license agreement and choose Next.
Leave the default directory and choose Next
Choose Install.
Choose Finish.
Notepad will now open with the Readme file.
Close Notepad.
Perl is installed.
Modules installation:
Open a command prompt.
type cpan.
In the cpan prompt type
cpan> install Date/Parse.pm
cpan> install Net/Telnet.pm
cpan> quit
Now Perl is installed with necessary modules.

Follow instructions for configuration.

Note: console.pl will not work because windows has no curses support.
Use telnet localhost 7300 (or your portnumber) to connect to the cluster
as an sysop.

PA5KT originally gave me this set of instructions.  Thanks to Henk!

Regards,

Anthony J. Cioffi (N2KI)