[Dxspider-support] Spider node keeps thinking I'm a node, any ideas?

Howard Leadmon howard at leadmon.net
Thu Oct 4 17:19:51 BST 2012

 OK, this one has me perplexed, as for quite a long while I have run the
WB3FFV-2 node, and never had any issues with it.   Several months back (and
I see some others reported it as well), my node all of a sudden decided that
when I connected to it via telnet, and logged in as wb3ffv, that I was no
longer a user/sysop, but that I was another node and started the somewhat
cryptic broadcasts.

 After some advice I saw posted, I reran the setup on the node, and of
course set wb3ffv as a user/sysop and things went back to normal.    Now
another month or so down the road, I go to logon to my node today, and blamo
it thinks I am a node again:

login: wb3ffv
password:
PC18^DXSpider Version: 1.55 Build: 0.112 Git: b2aa9a9 pc9x^5455^
PC16^G7VJR-5^G4SGX - 1^H25^
PC19^1^GB7MBC^0^5401^H25^
PC16^GB7MBC^M0OSH - 1^I8NLC - 1^K1HRD - 1^KK5AA - 1^G4MUL - 1^H25^
PC19^1^GB7MBC^0^5455^H25^
PC16^VE3EY-7^SQ9DIE - 1^H25^

 I know I could run the setup again, reset my account and permissions, but
the real question is, why does this sucker keep thinking I am a node?   This
is a recent over this year issue, and now it's done it again, any ideas on
to fix and stop this from happening again?

73's de WB3FFV

---
Howard Leadmon