[Dxspider-support] Is the usdbraw.gz being maintained? - RESOLVED

Laurie, VK3AMA vk3ama at vkdxer.net
Sun Oct 7 22:14:26 BST 2012

Hello Mike,

Problem has now been resolved.

A message Rick, SM6U, mentioned data/usdb.v1 and permissions/ownership
of that file. I neglected to mention that this is on a Windows XP
machine. Anyway the permissions were OK, they were not the cause.

I checked usdb.v1 and found it with a timestamp of 2011 despite my
numerous tests yesterday. In the same folder was usdb.v1.new with a
timestamp matching the last time I ran create_usdb.pl. The v1 file was
over 3MB smaller than the v1.new file. I removed both usdb.v1 files and
reran create_usdb.pl, problem solved.

Further testing indicates that the usdb.v1.new file created by
create_usdb.pl never replaces the existing usdb.v1 file so the update is
not loaded. Is this a Windows/Unix issue I don't know? It is easily
overcome with an additional file copy command in my usdb
download/create/update cron batch file.

Thanks to all those who helped.

de Laurie, VK3AMA