[Dxspider-support] debugging why dxspider stops not long after start - Centos 6

Laurie, VK3AMA vk3ama at vkdxer.net
Thu Feb 28 04:45:52 GMT 2013

I feel like an idiot trying to debug the start dxspider command.
It didn't occur to me to just run cluster.pl

Now I can see the errors...
> DXSpider V1.55, build 0.115 (git: 2321d9d) started
> Copyright (c) 1998-2013 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
> US Database not loaded
> DXUser::get: got strange answer from decode of VK3AMA
> VK3AMA missing, run the create_sysop.pl script and please RTFM at
> /spider/perl/cluster.pl line 413.
I have run create_sysop.pl several times. Made no difference to the error.
Checked cluster.pl where the error is being thrown, but it is unclear
what the cause is. Values is DXVars.pm look ok, but my perl skills are
very weak.

Any ideas?

de Laurie VK3AMA