[Dxspider-support] client

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 09:12:48 BST 2013

On 24/07/13 08:27, Klaus Heintzenberg wrote:
> After last night's   git pull  + kernel update
>
> DXSPIDER runs Ok, user connect via telnet
> however I can't do  /spider/src/client <callsign>  anymore
> no more connects via ax25
>
> Testing:
>
> sysop at cluster2:/spider/src> ./client login telnet
> Answer:      Unknown host tcp host localhost for printer
>

> telnet connect via localhost or the local IP work just fine.
>

> Meanwhile I did try and compiled client again. Both the
> old client and the 'new' client show the same problem?
>
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 sysop spider 91967  client
> -rwxr-xr-x 1 sysop spider 77241  client.old
>

> Any idea, what do to about that?

client -h 127.0.0.1 login telnet

There is nothing I believe I have done that causes this. However it is a
known problem and is to do how, where and to what the name "localhost"
is resolved into an IP address. It is implementation dependent.

I have altered the default to be 127.0.0.1 rather than localhost.

Dirk G1TLH