[Dxspider-support] How to follow log info?

Michael Carper mike at wa9pie.net
Tue Dec 9 20:42:12 GMT 2014

This is a CC11 string.  This is the caret-delimited format that DXSpider
and CC Cluster use to send the spots to logging software (like CC User and
HRD Logbook... and maybe others; but I'm guessing that one of your users
contacted you because their using HRD Logbook and changed the view from
"Show Spots" to "Show Console" and doesn't know how they got there or how
to put it back.

This particular spot originated on your cluster node... but by the looks of
it, this was received by someone on a CC Cluster node.  (CC11 on CC Cluster
uses 25 fields and DXSpider only uses the first 20).

If you really need to know how those fields are defined, let me know.

When a user connects to a CC Cluster or DXSpider node, the software (like
CC User, HRD Logbook...etc) will change the format from the boring
six-field columnar format to this extended CC11 format.  If they're looking
at the "Spot View", then the software will "decipher" this string and
they'll see spots aligned to whatever data fields they want displayed.  If
they're looking at the console view, they'll get (what is basically) a
telnet session view... which is what you're user sent you here.

(On a related note, AR Cluster does something similar called an AR17
format.)

Anyway... if they're using HRD Logbook, just tell them to click on "Show"
in the DX Cluster pane and change the view from "Console" to "Spots" and
he'll be all joyous and happy.

Mike, Wa9PIE