[Dxspider-support] Potential bug in Filter.pm

John H. Huber n8fyl at arrl.net
Tue Feb 18 00:20:52 GMT 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to figure out how to set an “accept/spot call w1aw/9 on hf/rtty”, for example.

It seems a “accept/spot call w1aw/9” fails with this message:

  accept/spot call w1aww/9
  Undefined subroutine &Filter::Log called at /spider/perl/Filter.pm line 96.
  at /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm line 528

I am on the N8NM cluster (n8nm.servebeer.com) :

  show/version
  DX Spider Cluster version 1.55 (build 0.115 git: 2321d9d) on Linux
  Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Dirk Koopman G1TLH
  N8FYL de N8NM 18-Feb-2014 0001Z dxspider >

Since I have a bit of Perl experience, I dug into the code.  I think the “Filter.pm” module needs a “use DXLog;” in order for Perl to find the “Log” function reference at line 96.

That having now been reported, I wonder what the real error would tell me?  Is it even possible to use the “/” in the “<pattern>” for the “accept/spot call ...” type filter?

I’m trying to use the filters to help me see the W1AW/ stations I haven’t yet worked, but can’t seem to get by the error generated whenever I include a “/” in the call pattern.

Thanks in advance to all help.

73,

John / N8FYL