[Dxspider-support] Re : Re: Implemantion an external "DX by" perl command ?

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Sun Jan 12 14:05:40 GMT 2014

On 12/01/14 08:59, Christian FURST wrote:
> Hello Dirk
>
> I have tried to use the cmd_import directory with putting a "sysop" file
> named 'cmd_extra'. It contains this line. The file is operated and
> automatically deleted.

The way to do this is to name the file using the "by" callsign and then
not including the "BY <callsign" part.

> --
> save /tmp/return.txt "echo dx by N1CALL N2DX 21123" "dx by N1CALL N2DX
> 21123"
> --

Echo won't work here because it doesn't have a valid context to send it
to. And also, I am pretty sure that, the dx line should be in the order
"dx N2DX 21123 by N1CALL" (I would have to go look to see whether the dx
command is flexible enough to cope with the order you have it in).

Also the file should say:

echo dx by N1CALL N2DX 21123
dx by N1CALL N2DX 21123

not as you have written it above as all on one line.

> In the debuging saved file "return.txt" we can read this following:
> First line my echo command, and second line an error on DXCommandmode.pm
> --
> dx by N1CALL N2DX 21123
> Can't call method "peerhost" without a package or object reference at
> (eval 126) line 125.
>   at /spider/perl/DXCommandmode.pm line 528
> --

The echo command is designed to be used in a startup (or other) script
that is called by a real connection. It doesn't make much sense
otherwise (apart, possibly, for adding some extra debugging stuff.