[Dxspider-support] Adding ^mode^?

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Tue Jan 21 19:37:13 GMT 2014

Mike

The real problem is that there are no "official" standards for DX Cluster software.  What is needed is a group to get together and agree on what these standards should be.  Then all the software writers need to follow these standards.

You will find there is quite a bit of compatibility between DX Spider and CC Cluster as Dirk and I have worked together to do this.  AR Cluster versions 4 and 6 are not even compatible with each other, let alone anything else.

Many spotters, especially for data modes, put the mode as the first word of the comments.  My node software reformats Skimmer spots to put the mode as the first word in the comments field.  In my opinion this is the best solution at the present time.  This format is both human and machine readable.

Lee