[Dxspider-support] Centos7 systemd init script and firewalld settings

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Sun Jul 20 00:36:41 BST 2014

Thanks for the script example.I have been struggling with this for a
week. What I missed was the "StandardOutput=null" for the redirection.

A couple of additional comments. To keep things all systemd the use of
"service" is depracated and should be replaced with "systemctl start
dxspider" and "systemctl stop dxspider". Also "systemctl status -l
dxspider" gives useful information.

If you only want restart on errors then the use of "Restart=on-failure"
is more appropriate.

For debug, set "StandardOutput=tty" and all output will go to the system
console.

73 de Mike, W1NR