[Dxspider-support] Dual Stack Help

djk djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 15:24:41 GMT 2015

The way that I recommend is to load IO::Socket::INET6. If you then use

  ["::", 7300],

It should work on IPV4 and IPV6.

To quote from the manual:

*DESCRIPTION*
        "IO::Socket::INET6" provides an object interface to creating and
using sockets in either AF_INET or AF_INET6 domains. It is built upon
the IO::Socket interface and inherits all the
        methods defined by IO::Socket.

This should work on "all" operating systems. YMMV and if so, please post
your results with more information about your operating system and
version of perl.

Dirk G1TLH