[Dxspider-support] Connection Closed by Foreign Host

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 10:16:24 GMT 2015

It is *SPECIFICALLY* not "recommended" to run a DXSpider installation on
port 23. Apart from the security aspects (one has to run as root to be
able to do it all), port 23 has a load of hidden protocol associated
which DXSpider does not support well or (mostly) at all.

I thought I had made this abundantly clear in the installation manual,
but it seems I was wrong.

My (slightly politer version of) Linus Torvalds moment:

In this case, I am sorry but, if it breaks you get to keep all the pieces.

Dirk G1TLH