[Dxspider-support] Connection Closed by Foreign Host

Dave Trainor dave at n8zfm.com
Thu Jan 29 15:24:11 GMT 2015

Its actually not on port 23, my firewall rule is.  The box itself is
listening on 27753 and I have a firewall port forwarding rule that listens
on the assigned IP address and port forwards port 23 to 27753 on the
actual box.    So its really not on port 23, this keeps the box safe as
all other ports are not accessible.  I know this rule is working fine
since I have many other users, its only this one.

Not to complicate things but I also have a port forwarding rule that
publishes port 80 for the web server, but it is port 80 to port 80.

I probably should have pointed this out as you are 100% right on why not
to have it actually running on port 23. And you did make it clear in the
manual. No problem at all there.

 I was just trying to simplify the question to the group and not throw in
too many variables.  I am quite confident the firewall rules are correct
and not part of this.   The cluster machine is in a managed data center.

73 - Dave N8ZFM