[Dxspider-support] Inittab ??

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed Jul 22 12:38:03 BST 2015

This appears to be upstart, not systemd (?). There are examples on the
mailing list for ubuntu upstart files.

My upstart script looks like this:

#DXSpider startup script
#
# This service maintains a copy of dxspider from the point the system is
# started until it is shut down again.

description "DXSpider DX Cluster"
start on filesystem
stop on runlevel S

respawn
umask 0002
exec su -c "/usr/bin/perl -w /spider/perl/cluster.pl >dev/null 2>&1" spider