[Dxspider-support] Unset/debug

djk djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 14:09:03 BST 2015

On 03/09/15 11:53, Martin Davies G0HDB wrote:
> Hello again all, I now have a query about unsetting debugging.
>
> I see from various previous threads that there appear to be two ways of unsetting debugging
> on a node, either by modifying the "@debug" line in DXVars.pm or by including an unset
> command in a startup script.  What are the relative advantages and disadvantages of these
> two approaches?

[un]set/debug  <thing> does what it says on the tin. The @debug line is
purely a "default" or starting position.

> In a posting in Sept 2010 Dirk recommended leaving a minimum of 'chan' enabled for
> debugging; does this recommendation still stand?  What are the implications of disabling all
> debugging including 'chan'?

Yes it does. Removing 'chan' will mean that you won't see what's going
on any more.

The program 'watchdbg' is a perpetual 'tail' on the debug log files, it
also allows one to use a perl regex string (as an argument) to watch for
particular callsigns or more complex things like PC92 K records. Oh, as
well as translating the unix time_t to something more human...

> I've also found that if I start the node with all debugging enabled, ie. using the default setting
> in DXVars.pm, and then do 'unset/debug all' from the sysop console, nothing happens - full
> debugging seems to continue.  To stop it I've found I have to do 'unset/debug chan state ...'.
> Have I missed a cunning way of stopping all debugging  from the sysop console?

Er... I don't think 'unset/debug all' is a legal command

Dirk G1TLH.