[Dxspider-support] Unset/debug

Martin Davies G0HDB g0hdb at amdavies.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 3 19:54:34 BST 2015

On 3 Sep 2015 at 14:09, djk wrote:

> > In a posting in Sept 2010 Dirk recommended leaving a minimum of 'chan' enabled for
> > debugging; does this recommendation still stand?  What are the implications of disabling all
> > debugging including 'chan'?
>
> Yes it does. Removing 'chan' will mean that you won't see what's going
> on any more.
>
> The program 'watchdbg' is a perpetual 'tail' on the debug log files, it
> also allows one to use a perl regex string (as an argument) to watch for
> particular callsigns or more complex things like PC92 K records. Oh, as
> well as translating the unix time_t to something more human...

Thanks yet again Dirk, I've re-enabled 'chan' debugging on the node and will leave it included
in the @debug line in DXVars.pm.

> > I've also found that if I start the node with all debugging enabled, ie. using the default setting
> > in DXVars.pm, and then do 'unset/debug all' from the sysop console, nothing happens - full
> > debugging seems to continue.  To stop it I've found I have to do 'unset/debug chan state ...'.
> > Have I missed a cunning way of stopping all debugging  from the sysop console?
>
> Er... I don't think 'unset/debug all' is a legal command

I got that command from the instructions (v1.12 dated 2014-03-23) that Bill N6WS prepared
for installing and configuring DXSpider on a Raspberry Pi - all I was doing was following the
instructions...  :-)

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---