[Dxspider-support] DXCC Numeric

djk djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 12:17:04 BST 2015

The numbers are contained in wpxloc.raw, which is an extended version of
the original file for prefix info that AK1A use[sd].

These numbers predate ADIF by at least ten years.

When I originally asked a very similar question (in 1997 and several
times afterwards) for a definitive set of "DXCC" numbers: answer came
there none.

The fact is also (for a variety of reasons) that there are more numbers
in use in wpxloc.raw than there are ADIF / modern DXCC numbers.

Changing them on your node could be made to work, but you would need to
fiddle with all sorts of deeply buried code in (amongst other things)
Prefix.pm, create_prefix.pl and you would also place yourself apart from
Jim AD1C's excellent prefix updating service. And then there is the
necessity of revising the "history" of all the existing spot files
(which in my case go back to 1997), as well as any filter specifications
that users might have. Those are all the places I can think of right
now, but I guarantee that will be a few others that will bite if you go
down this road.

The truth is that the numbers that DXSpider uses these days are
effectively internal. They have no causal relationship with any other
numbers, users do not have to use them, they can use prefixes in all
commands (like filters) that might ultimately use those numbers internally.

The best way forward is probably to generate a simple lookup table to
convert wpxloc.raw numbers to ADIF and use that to export stuff - if
that is what you are ultimately wanting to do. It is, after all, just a
simple %hash lookup in perl.

Dirk G1TLH