[Dxspider-support] DX Cluster Node Purge update 2016/08/26

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Fri Aug 26 19:45:53 BST 2016

Hi Folks,

First, thanks for all the feedback I have received so far.
I have not made any changes yet, but plan to start this weekend.

I created a new web page for DX Cluster node status:

    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/dxcluster_status.htm

The status is still based on information from this web site:

    http://www.hamcluster.net/Map.aspx

Note that the list of nodes used by hamcluster.net is *not* an exact copy
of the list at dxcluster.info.  I am hoping that over time, this will get
cleaned up.

There several differences with the new status page:

1.  Both "up" and "down" nodes are listed.  Nodes that were not reachable
    have a status of "0" and are shown in red.  Nodes that were reachable
    at least once have a status which is the % (percent) of login attempts
    that were successful.

2.  Clicking on a callsign in the Node column (i.e. NZ1U-3) will take you
    directly to the submission page, so you can update the node information
    if it has changed.

    You can not remove a node yourself!  Send E-mail to the address at the
    bottom of this message and tell me which node to remove.

3.  Clicking on an address in the Address column will attempt to open a Telnet
    connection to that node.  Note that your computer needs to have a default
    Telnet application installed.

I have started taking hourly snapshots of the DX Cluster node status from
hamcluster.net.  Each of these snapshots contains the results of the last
four connection attempts.  The status compiled at "26-Aug-2016 12:30"
does *not* yet reflect this, but another one I post tomorrow will.

I am still planning on removing the inactive nodes on or around September 15.
This gives about three weeks for an off-line node to "show up".  I am aware
of the discussion about "part-time" vs. "full-time" nodes.

Again, if you know of a DX Cluster node that is not listed, please do one of the
following:

  1.  contact the Sysop to have him/her submit their node information
  2.  contact AD1C and he'll look into it

Finally, thanks for your cooperation.  If you have any quesitons, please ask!

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us