[Dxspider-support] DX Cluster Node Purge

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Thu Aug 25 18:17:20 BST 2016

Hi Folks,

Claudio IW1QLH is running a website which checks whether DX Cluster
nodes are reachable via Telnet:

    http://www.hamcluster.net/Map.aspx

He is getting the node data from this web page:

    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/index.php

As of 25 August 2016, Claudio's list shows the following:

    304 nodes are reachable
    266 nodes are unreachable

The list of Telnet nodes has been deteriorating for some time.  It is
now time to remove the nodes that are out of service for whatever
reason.  For security reasons, only the database administrator, not
users, can remove a node from the database.

Please visit the following web pages, which I have created based on
Claudio's data from 25 August 2016, to see if your DX cluster node is
listed. The first list shows nodes that are reachable.  The second
list shows nodes that are unreachable:

    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/dxcluster_up.htm
    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/dxcluster_down.htm

I plan to remove the unreachable DX Cluster nodes from the list on or
about 15 September 2016.  It would be helpful to have confirmation
either from the sysop, or someone "in the know" if an unreacable node
really has disappeared, or if the information is simply incorrect.

This would also be a good time to check the information for your
active node:

    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/index.php

*  If your node is on the "up" list, and all the information is
   correct, there is no reason to tell me.

*  If your node is on the "up" list, but some of the information is
   incorrect, please correct it yourself using this URL:

    http://www.dxcluster.info/telnet/submit.php

If you type the node callsign and SSID into this field:

    "Node Callsign, including -SSID (required)"

and then click on the "Recall" button at the bottom of the form, the
form will be filled with the node information from the database.  Make
any necessary corrections, then click on the "Submit" button at the
bottom of the form.

Finally, if you know of a DX Cluster node that is not listed, please
do one of the following:

  1.  contact the Sysop to have him/her submit their node information
  2.  contact AD1C and I'll look into it

Thanks for your cooperation.  If you have any quesitons, please ask!

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us