[Dxspider-support] multiple logins + real time user info

Ian Maude maudeij at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 09:32:38 GMT 2016

Hi Dirk et al,
Is there any really good reason any more to be using the PC protocol
at all?  It seems to me that this has been holding back the
development of cluster software for many years.  Early on I could
understand the concerns of those who ran AK1A but now?  Really?
Would it be possible for a user to enter their details in their home
cluster once and if anyone on another node requests it, to poll for
the information?
I am sure plenty of bandwidth could be stripped out by getting rid of
cluster mail for example.  Does anyone use that any more?
Another alternative is to perhaps have ‘server’ nodes that hold the
information and share between themselves.  These nodes would have
plenty of bandwidth.  Nodes connected with a server could request that
information from the server if required.  It would not need to be
stored at the ‘client’ node.
Just a few ramblings from me :)

73 Ian