[Dxspider-support] Controlling upstream spots

djk djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 12:11:47 GMT 2016

On 08/01/16 09:08, Allen wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Looking for advice as to controlling what spots are feed into the
> DXCluster network.
>
> I have a site with multiple upstream feeds. I and others use the site
> as a feed for logging software and enjoy the spots.
>
> I want to post spots to my cluster which are really only for local
> consumption, not all. So need to be able to allow some spots out but
> prevent others from going into the cluster system.
>
> What would be the best way to approach this ?
> Happy to research but currently lost for direction.

"help filter"

Or look at the filtering page of http://wiki.dxcluster.org.

But if what you want to do is prevent spots _leaving_ the node, then
what you need is to fiddle with "acc/spot node_default <filter spec>".
The filter spec should be something that defines the spots that you want
allow out. Alternatively you can use "rej/spot node_default <filter
spec>" whose filter spec targets stuff you don't want to leave.

But I think you are going to have to be much more specific about what
you want to happen. There isn't enough detail at the moment to be more
helpful.

Dirk G1TLH