[Dxspider-support] Controlling upstream spots

Allen arharvie at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 04:54:08 GMT 2016

Hi Dirk & Martin,

Thanks for the responses.Just to clarify my goals, currently collecting
and passing WWFF and SOTA into my node. I want the WWFF spots to go out
into the cluster network but not the SOTA spots. Trying to balance
between local users (those who are connecting logging software to my
node) and the wider cluster network. Currently throttling the spots but
would prefer increase the spots and filter what is leaving my node.

So filters are the key. Read the filters wiki page last night and can
see that the info option will help. The remarks string will contain a
key for info to match.

Still not clear on the difference between connected users and upstream
nodes so I shall setup a filters and test. So back to manual to verify
the commands then test. So far;

rej/spot node_default info SOTA
or
rcmd rej/spot info SOTA

Another option would be to ask the upstream nodes to place filters
rejecting the SOTA spots from me, prefer to resolve on my node.

anyway Saturday afternoon, not going out activating today so time to test.

cheers

Allen
VK3HRA