[Dxspider-support] Daily user disconnections

Lee Sawkins ve7cc at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 2 18:48:48 GMT 2016

Hi Mike

I see users all the time on my own CC Cluster node that try to have multiple connections with the same SSID. What I have done is to modify their SSIDs when they log in by adding a zero, if possible. ie if a user logs in as VE7XX, and then makes another connection, the node assigns him the call VE7XX-0 and if he makes a third connection I assign that one VE7XX-00. If as user connects as VE7XX-1, his second connection is VE7XX-01. There can be no third connection as VE7XX-001 as other software will not allow a three digit SSID. If a user logs in as VE7XX-16, there can be no second connection as VE7XX-016. I have been doing this for quite some time. No one seems to even noticed, as I have not even had one comment about this. What it does show me is that many users have three stable connections to my node at times, SSID no number, SSID-0 and SSID-00. I even have some users attempting to make 4 or even more connections without an SSID. I locked one guy out for this many months ago, and guess what, he hasn't noticed and continues to try and connect multiple times. If a user is not trying to make multiple connects, what I see is that when one connection is made with a modified SSID, then the other connection immediately drops. This is caused by the users software thinking the connection is gone and the node still thinking he is connected.

Lee