[Dxspider-support] Daily user disconnections

Michael Carper, Ph.D. mike at wa9pie.net
Wed Nov 2 20:35:13 GMT 2016

Thanks, Lee.

"Back in the day"... when this was all largely a telnet session that was
VISIBLE to the users, those of them who understood DOS could pretty much
acclimate to the idea that... okay, I type things at this console prompt...
I see my connection... there are commands I need to know... not too bad.

But then we put sexy user interfaces in-front-of that telnet session... and
the users no longer needed to know the commands... or even be aware that
there's a telnet session behind this at all.  That's pretty much when all
these problems came up as hams (many who are ECiLO - Extra Class in License
Only... or "over-night sensations") no longer understood how anything works.

One Extra Class ham recently contacted us to complain about his radio.  You
see, it has the International icon for "On/Off"... and then had another
button that said "Power".  He was irritated that the radio was not turned
on or off when he pressed the "Power" button.

Bottom line is... you can lead the horses to water, but you can't make them
drink.  I think what you've done with CC Cluster there is a really good
approach for overcoming ignorance.  (no offense intended to anyone)

Mike, WA9PIE